Wednesday 22 May 2013

WOYWW 207

 My desk is a bit tidier this week, as have finished all my swaps and been working on an idea I saw in a stamping book.
 Have cut circles, stamped face images and then covered with acetate.   Bound round the edge with lead tape, (while I am waiting for copper tape to arrive) and then died ribbons to match.  Added leaf motif from cardstock and old books.  Will put a pin of the back so they can be attached to cards or worn.  Could look quite good on a hat!
 Sorry the close-up is dark, no sunshine for camera to work without flash.  I really enjoyed making these, and think I will probably make loads more, too many in fact!
The above were made from a bracelet I bought from a High Street store.  There were about 20 of these divisions and most of the stones had fallen out so I got the bracelet for £2.  I pushed the rest of the stones out, typed words on the computer and then backed them on card.  Cut the card to size and then covered in glossy accents.   Think they will look well on tags and cards. 
Now over to stampingground to see what everyone is up to this week.  See you there. Happy WOYWW

10 comments:

  1. Lovely creations again Sue. I could just see all the face's strung together to make into a banner. Wouldn't that look good hanging up . Jill #37

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true crafter, you look at something and see what you can make out of it!! Happy WOYWW! Karen 85 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your pieces. Splendid work, Sue!

    Thanks for the peek! Happy WOYWW. xx
    Roudi #34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative, very clever
    Famfa 101

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are very different you have done a fantastic job on them
    Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
    Ria #74

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative. I love the stamped lovlies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the light comes in through your desk, never thought to use faces in a circle like that
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects on your desk today! I really loooove how your desk looks with those heads and lovely stuff on the shelf!!!! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Jill, they would make a great banner...something different to bunting. Happy belated WOYWW. Pam#20

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do gorgeous work! Love the manequin head sitting on your desk, I can see me having conversations with it while I'm crafting! lol OK, I am asking my WOYWW folks to rally behind me and I truly need your support. I am in a contest and the voting ends today so it's now or never. PLEASE go vote for me ( the camera )....yes, I am begging, lol http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/genuinelyblog/gjs-design-a-book-contest-top-three-finalists-announced/
    waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( #19 )

    ReplyDelete