Wednesday 11 December 2013

WOYWW 236

 Hi Everyone,
On my desk this week is the automata that John and I have been making, although he has done all the clever stuff like making the Moon and the moving mechanism, and it is down to me to dress the figure and do all the painting.  
 Am working on the finishing touches to the eye, and hope to have this done and put in the eye socket of the Moon later today.  The eye then closes, the Moon's tongue sticks in and out, and the figure plays the mandolin and moves his head from side to side.
This will be my least favourite thing to do, painting the cloud.  ThisnkI will have to go for a stipple effect somehow.
I am so thrilled with this automata, as I have always wanted one but never seen one for sale, so we diceded to have a go and make one of our own.
Now over to Julia's place to see what everyone has been up to. Happy WOYWW

4 comments:

  1. That is just amazing! Well done the both of you.
    Margaret #65

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing thing, and I love that it was a joint project. :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #29

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure you show us when you finish. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how cool! Love to see the finished piece. WOYWW hugs! Nan G #69

    ReplyDelete