Wednesday 10 April 2013

WOYWW 201

 Well, here we are again at Julia's place for another week of fun!   This week I have been working on a steampunk corset I am making for a half mannequin I found in a skip.   I have lots of shaping to do and gears, chains etc., to add later, but am laying down the foundation at the moment.
 Am using 2" pieces of card that I have spray painted to make it look rusty, and then embossed with a metal look embossing folder.
Ordered 900 jump rings which arrived yesterday, so am ready with small pliers.   I need to 'dirty' it up a bit, and add a few jagged edges here and there.   Will post a photo of the finished article when it is done.
Now over to stampinground.co.uk to see what is happening.  Happy WOYWW everybody.

13 comments:

  1. OMG lucky you finding that Mannequin in the dump bin, I wish my dump bins had treasures like that. Looks like you have one really awesome project on the go, cant wait to see the finished product.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza 47

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that looks fab but what are you going to do with it when it's finished?

    Have a great WOYWW. Susi #65

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's amazing! Gorgeous colours and can't wait to see the finished item! Happy WOYWW! Karen 72 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at you, Madonna eat your heart out!! Love it, love it.... hope we see it when it's all done! Helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a different challenge you have set yourself I bet it will look stunning when it's done
    A great find in the skip
    Jackie 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how far you've got with this Sue as you were only telling me about this idea last week. Happy woyww Jill #45

    ReplyDelete
  7. That look really cool. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. Happy crafting #87

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great find...the skips around here are never that interesting! Happy WOYWW. Pam#23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this is going to look AMAZING! Can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for your visit MMx #67

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fabulous! I have now had a glass of wine and I am still trying to visit everyone so my message may be incoherent lol! jenx 129

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh eerr, exciting!
    Karen #73

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Kewl Find in the dump :) Love how your creating a steampunk corset can't wait to see it done hugs Nikki 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an exciting project!I adore mannequins!Fancy finding one!this is going to look great.Looking froward to seeing more.
    judy #5

    ReplyDelete